Friday, February 11, 2011

Eggs, Eggs, and More Eggs!!!!

Dear Hope,
So my Aunt Sue told me to think about the Easter Bunny today… and it must have worked because the Easter Bunny sure did come with lots of EGGS!!!! 
 That’s right… my retrieval went great and they retrieved 20 EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is my best number yet (1st retrieval was 13, 2nd was 10, and last was 12)!!!! So I almost doubled what I had done in the past! But as excited as Brian and I both are we know that things can change dramatically overnight.  So I am staying cautiously optimistic but hoping for the best!  As far as the procedure everything went well, I woke from the anesthesia pretty sore so the nurse gave me some pain meds in my IV to help out. She said because the dr retrieved so many eggs I was probably sore from him “digging around in there” Yikes!!!  Not medical terminology but the description fits how I feel. With my soreness and nausea that I was experiencing, I was dreading the one hour car ride home… and it was not easy! I made Brian pull over on the Garden State Parkway twice so I could throw up! Not fun! But I kept telling myself that this is all worth it if our outcome leads to success.
Now begins the first step in the waiting game… tomorrow my nurse will call with the “fertilization report”.  She will let me know of the 20 eggs retrieved, how many were actually mature and then how many actually fertilized. So tonight is a big night!!!!  I am hoping and praying that tomorrow’s phone call is good news and we have strong healthy embryos growing!!!  
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment