Saturday, January 15, 2011

Way to go Ovaries!!!!

Dear Hope,

Well its that time again.  I went Thursday for bloodwork because I hadn't yet ovulated and was scheduled to go this Monday  (January 17th) for bloodwork and ultrasound to see what the heck was going on but today I got a smiley face!!!! A positive ovulation test finally on DAY 27!!!!! (I have never been this late but between all the stress and just all the hormones the past few months- I guess its understandable) So now I will go next Friday for bloodwork and if all is good I start the Lupron injections... so hopefully retrieval will be early February!
I am really excited to start but at the same time I have this overwhelming anxiety. I think it stems from the fact that when I was pregnant and before the miscarriage the baby's due date was February 9th........  It's strange to think that I may have my retrieval right around that date.  Maybe its a good sign??? It's also been challenging because there a few friends of mine that I can remember finding out they were pregnant when I did and now they are finishing up their pregnancy and about to welcome their little miracles to the world and I am still not even pregnant!!!  I know I promised I wouldn't compare myself with other people's situations and I am not... but it just is a constant reminder of the hurt I feel of the loss of our baby and the fact that I am still on this journey.  But as I have said in the past... its MY JOURNEY!!!!  I'll keep you posted...

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment