Thursday, March 24, 2011

lucky number...... 5??????

Dear Hope,
So I have been very bad at keeping you up to date so here is a recap of what has happened and what is going on…  I spoke with my dr regarding our plan for our next cycle.  When she called she asked if my ears were ringing because she had just gotten out of a meeting with her partners.  She said she presented our “case” to the group to see if any of the other drs may have a different approach to our cycle.  Because I always respond so well the medication and everything looks textbook up until the embryo growth period they didn’t think we needed to change anything. The only suggestion was that I complete some extra genetic testing, one of which is called a Karyotype Test. (Brian was tested a while back and was negative) Because of our IVF history the drs think it is worth me doing since it is only a blood test.  The results will tell if I have “unbalanced translocation” chromosomes (meaning- missing or mismatched chromosomes).  There is only a 1% chance that I could have this, but it’s worth ruling out at this point. It’s all very scientific and confusing but when my Dr explained I understood… I think.  
So, on March 15th I went in for blood work and will hopefully find out the results in a few weeks.  That same day I received a positive ovulation test! Day 21 of my cycle!!! So I would like to believe that I was able to “will” myself to ovulate late so I could go ahead with our next IVF cycle!  I went in on Wednesday March 23rd (my dad’s birthday- maybe a good sign) for blood work in the hopes that we could start the Lurpon injections.  Well the results were in (BLOOD LEVELS: E2 Level: 201 / P4 Level: 11.0) all in normal ranges so we were set to go! 
I leave on Sunday for Vegas for a work Meeting (sounds exciting but we work extremely long hours and now that I am doing the injections I can’t drink!) so I will have to bring the medication and syringes on the plane and had to make sure I have a room with a refrigerator.  I am more concerned because I usually am a little “fuzzy” and very uncomfortable when I am on the injections, but I just have to suck it up and keep telling myself it is all worth it! Maybe since the timing is so inconvenient and I will be so distracted with work that maybe this is my lucky cycle!!!!
Next step… when I get back from my trip I will go in for blood work and a ultrasound on Saturday April 2nd and if all looks good I will start the stimulating injections to start growing my eggys!!! My Egg Retrieval will probably be some time in the week of April 11th. 
Please Please Please keep us in your thoughts and Prayers…. I still can't believe this will be the 5th time I am going through this...
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment