Friday, March 11, 2011

Pregnant Bellys EVERYWHERE!!!!

Dear Hope,
Whenever going through (or trying to go through) a major life changing event, it seems like everywhere you look there are reminders of what you are doing.  For example, when wanting to get engaged I remember noticing everyone else’s engagement rings or even if you want a new car, that car is now seen all over the road.  But most recently for me, when trying to start a family, there are pregnant women and newborn babies everywhere!!!!  
Besides friends that are pregnant (which I feel is like everyone!)  I feel like wherever I go, I see or hear about someone being pregnant.  Wednesday was a perfect example of what I deal with every day… 1st I noticed on facebook that a friend of mine is now pregnant with her 2nd child (side note- not only are all my friends getting pregnant, having babies, but now they are on their 2nd). Also on facebook I have to read about anyone and everyone who is pregnant being so happy and giving minute by minute status updates of how they feel and what a prefect life they have. (I would never want to take anything away for anyone who is excited and expecting but you have to understand some days it’s just too much for me). Then that same day, on the plane flying to Arizona to visit my mother in-law the couple next to me talked for about 15 minutes about their friends who just found out they were pregnant.  Then I look to the left of me and there was a woman in the next seat with a cute little belly on her.  Lastly, when I arrived to AZ, Brian mentioned that he was out at a bar with a friend the night before and the bartender   was like 8 months pregnant and could barely reach across the bar to give them their drinks.  That’s just wrong!  
So… now you can see how not only am I dealing with my own inner struggle to remain strong but how difficult it can be to have constant reminders around me all the time.
It can be very frustrating but there are some exceptions… when my closest and dearest friends and family announce the good news that they are expecting I could not be happier and excited to welcome their little miracle into the world.  But being human going through what I have been going through, there still are days that even as happy as I am I still will get emotional.  That is where a great friend or of course family will recognize and hold back to “protect” me.  As strong as I want to believe I am, I appreciate this act of friendship and compassion more than anything. 

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment