Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ready to Try Anything

Dear Hope,
 I went for my 2nd acupuncture appointment on Friday and am already feeling the positive effects of it.  It’s hard to explain but during the session I feel an overwhelming sense of serenity.  As I meditate my thoughts wander but in a way that relaxes me.  I really believe this is going to not only make a difference in my upcoming IVF cycle but in my overall life.  When I was done my acupuncturist gave me a Chinese “ritual” to perform during ovulation.  She said that she often suggests this to women who are struggling with infertility.  I know I have said I will try anything so here it is:
During ovulation she said to 1st put sea salt in my belly button.  (Yes you read it correctly! My belly button!!!) Then with the incense stick she gave me (which she said will smell really bad-but part of the ritual) , Brian is to light it and make slow circular motions above my belly button until I can feel the heat.  Pull it away and repeat 3 times. 
Each time saying a relaxation and empowerment phrase like “Give me strength, give me power, give me courage.” 

I tried looking up this type of ritual on the internet and couldn’t find anything.  But I trust her and her teachings and even though it seems a little out there, I will try anything!!!!! I am just looking for one little miracle and if this will help me get just a little closer then sea salt and incense it is!!!!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment