Monday, December 12, 2011

NJ Family Baby Shower ~ November 26th

Dear Hope,
So I wanted to share some pictures and memories from my recent Baby Shower that Brian’s family had for me over thanksgiving.  I am so grateful and feel so lucky that they wanted to make a special day for us to celebrate Baby Gabriel.  What made it even more special was that Brian’s mom was able to be in town for it and celebrate too. 
Although the entire day was so wonderful I had a few special moments that will be with me forever.  The 1st was when Brian’s sister Heather and his mom began singing their version of “Hush Little Baby”.  Definitely never heard this version but we got it on video – thank goodness because I think this may be a new tradition that I will be singing to our baby girl too.  The next special moment was when Eileen gave me the handmade blankets and bibs that were from Brian’s Nana and a special Blanket that Eileen made just for Brian when he was a baby.  I can’t wait to wrap my baby in the blankets and sing “Hush Little Baby”. I’ll tell her the history of these family heirlooms  and how we are so lucky to have been given these amazing gifts. 
Kate  


Me, Nana, and Aunt Heather


 
Nana showing me the book she made
"all about her" for the Baby

I think she liked it :)

  
A little gift for Eileen from the baby
(An amethyst beaded bracelet with
an engraving of "Nana" on the charm)

No comments:

Post a Comment